We are seeking an Executive Chef to lead the kitchen at Sava's.
We aspire to be a learning kitchen, keeping things fresh with seasonal menus and hands-on leadership. We are hungry for a passionate chef to oversee and lead our operations towards growth and sustainable excellence. The right candidate is proficient in cost management, team communication and leadership, scheduling, training, ordering/sourcing quality products, and menu development. These are a must!
- Oversee and lead a team of kitchen managers, line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers to operate at optimum performance levels.
- Develop and properly execute seasonal menus, weekly specials, and private dining menu packages.
- Work with sous chefs and kitchen managers to create training materials, document recipes, and maintain organizational systems.
- Manage daily operations, production, and preparation of all menu items.
- Train and coach the BOH team. Develop sous chefs and kitchen managers to be effective leaders.
- Oversee inventory and ordering. Make informed decisions to control food costs.
- Ensure proper opening, closing and preparation procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee Back of House scheduling. Monitor hours and labor budget.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness standards are upheld and maintained.
- Act as point person for health department inspections and confirm proper labeling, storage (FIFO), and temping methods are followed.
- 2+ years as Exec Chef, Head Chef or Chef de Cuisine in a professional, full-service kitchen
- A degree in Culinary Arts a plus
- Strong menu development and creative capabilities. Knowledge of Spanish cuisine preferred.
- Excellent culinary skills and techniques, experience with high-volume, brunch/dinner service
- Positive attitude, integrity, dedication to quality
- Proven working experience leading a team
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills (scheduling, ordering, inventory, cost management)
- Sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (bilingual in Spanish & English a plus!)
- Excellent training and leadership skills
- Experience with hiring/interviewing and building a winning team
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- Voluntary dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match program
- Shift meals and company-wide discount program at all of our restaurants
- Bonus options
- Paid time off
- Parking pass for a structure downtown
- Incredible co-workers and supportive administrative office (Marketing, Accounting, HR, Reservations, etc.)
Please send completed applications to Careers@SavcoHospitality.com.