We are currently seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join our team at Sava’s.
We are deeply committed to creating the best food businesses while also creating exceptional teams and systems, and we are continuing to build our culinary programs and roster in preparation for our next project and high-profile opening, Dixboro House.
We are seeking a hands-on leader who is passionate about team building, quality control, and creating efficient systems to improve our services. Our Sous Chefs oversee kitchen operations, train, coach, and lead our teams to excellence. We look for leaders who are dedicated to the culinary craft, and hold themselves and their team to exceptional standards of quality.
• Oversee a team of line and prep cooks to ensure proper opening, closing and preparation procedures are adhered to
• Assist with ordering and monthly inventory
• Train and coach the BOH team
• Make informed decisions to control labor and food costs
• Perform detailed quality checks each shift to confirm food quality and consistency guidelines are met
• Schedule BOH team members
• Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness standards are upheld and maintained
• 2+ years culinary experience (management preferred) in a professional, full-service kitchen
• A degree in Culinary Arts a plus
• Excellent culinary skills and techniques
• Experience with Expediting
• Sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills (bilingual in Spanish + English a plus!)
• Excellent training and leadership skills
• Positive attitude, integrity, dedication to quality
• Highly organized with strong administrative skills (scheduling, ordering, inventory, cost control)
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Company-wide discount program
• Competitive salary
• 401(k) with company match
• Parking reimbursement
• Opportunities for growth
• Positive, teamwork driven work environment
Please send completed application to Careers@SavcoHospitality.com.